365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Tuesday 17th September 2019


The tale of two lunches. I've picked a fantastic week to have as holiday (September often is). The sky is blue, not a cloud to be seen and warm but not hot. Just how I like it. I had to get a new rear tyre for Clio, so popped over to Cheddar. £55.02 paid for a new tyre (and complimentary comments on how tidy the car was especially with it's mileage), it was time for lunch. I popped to Cheddar Garden Centre for ham, egg and chips, my favourite lunch. I was order 35.  And a long chat with a chap at the next table, waiting for his wife to return from buying carp, or at least looking to buy £100 carp. For the pond, not for lunch. While he was talking about his house in Antigua and his many dices with near death, the phone rang, Julie. She was working at Stone Allerton a few miles away and suggested I popped over.  Having nothing else pressing to do, I popped over. 

I like that garden she works at and having been involved with resowing part of the lawn a year or so back, it looked wonderful. The owner said to me at the time, that he had someone patch sow a lawn at his house in Austria years before and it always looked like a patch. Never looked uniform. Well I do know about lawns, and using a hybrid mix seed I mixed myself, I have to say it's impossible to see where the old and new lawn begin or end. I'm happy. We were just about to leave when the grass cutter chap arrived, slightly perplexed to see me standing on the lawn, before he recognized Julie. So a busy gardening day, time for some lunch. Where else but Nanny Ida's in Wedmore. I had a chocolate sundae as pudding for my ham egg and chips an hour earlier. Such a lovely day sitting in a cafe garden in warm sunshine, and not being at work. I could get used to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment