365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 29 September 2019

Sunday 29th September 2019


I was having a quiet Sunday at home today. The forecast had been for heavy rain all day, well until 4pm. In reality it threw it down until around 9am, steadily improved so by lunchtime I ventured out in my shorts to do some gardening. The afternoon was blue skies, if a little windy. I like quiet days, they allow me to reflect. It was while reflecting I saw this image, itself a reflection of me at the penultimate posting to this blog. I'm looking older than I remember and this image is ghost like,  a passionate embrace of an image that can never be repeated in reality. Time passing as is the clock behind me, though actually it is in front of me as I look in. I'm outside. The door is closed, thus in this image a lot of what you can see is indoors, it's unclear. Quite a tricky view to gain strong clarity over, but for me at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon, it was a clear as daylight. Time to roll down the blinds on this diary-blog... one more entry, tomorrow. 

In the words of Jethro Tull,

Oh I had to leave today
Just when I thought I'd found you.
It was a new day yesterday
But it's an old day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment