365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 21 September 2019

Saturday 21st September 2019


An absolutely roasting day at Tyntesfield today. I was there for my final of 4 days on the GPS project and to be honest I was feeling tired after yesterday. The sun was up, it was very windy but that wind was hot. I spent 7 hours outside not moving too far from the spot. By mid afternoon I felt like a limp lettuce and needed a refreshing cup of tea. Relaxing on one of the picnic benches with my restorative brew this image of one of the Tramper mobility scooters caught my eye. In a moment of fanciful nonsense it reminded me of a ground beetle emerging into the sunlight. Maybe an oil beetle lumbering towards me? Not everyone will see this connection. Okay let's be honest, probably only me. It's the heat and the damn flies I feel, it still being 22 degrees at 5.30pm as the sun began to drop swiftly towards sunset. It's been a stunning week weatherwise to have booked as leave. Blue skies, and hot during the day. I've had Clio out for the week, over 300 miles in our developing classic. And so hot these firemen might be needed soon (remains from Tyntesfield's Fire and Wire project last year). A bargain at £2


No comments:

Post a Comment