365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 14 September 2019

Saturday 14th September 2019


I took these photographs about 11am today. Just over 6 hours earlier at 0445 I was just about to set off on the 313 mile journey from home in Somerset to the North East. I've long learned that leaving early on a Saturday means a good run up the motorways, so we arrived at my parents house at 9.45am. Just in time for a nice cup of tea. However it was when driving through East Boldon I remembered the 2nd East Boldon scarecrow festival was taking place. So after a quick cup of tea, Julie and I went for a walk around the village - the scarecrows were excellent. I had not seen the first festival two years ago, but looking at the images on social media, I'd say this years creations were 50% better. Especially the image below.  The image above however is of the Methodist Church which was such a large part of my younger days. I played badminton here. I helped with the Boy's Brigade (but never joined interestingly) and it's where my best friend was married. Today however it was scarecrows from the Wizard of Oz taking centre stage.



Later we all went down to Grange Park in the village to see the events taking place there. It was an excellent event, and wonderful that Julie and I could get mum and dad out there for a few hours. Though the journey in the wheelchair was entertaining, but that's for another day. Nice to be back home, even if it was only for 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment