365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 20 September 2019

Friday 20th September 2019


A day out in Dorset. Well just inside Dorset, a gnats crotchet from both Devon and Somerset. Forde Abbey to be precise. I’ve been here three times now. The first time we arrived in the middle of a huge thunderstorm and decided against going in. The second encounter we got there just before it closed for the day. Today, my footfall crossed the threshold in a purposeful way. It was worth the wait. I got soaked taking images of the fountain, on a hot day however the deluge was cooling. My main reason for visiting was the spiral garden, something I’m experimenting with at home, though my version is two circles. Fabulous place and definitely food for thought. Not least the dreadful traffic both ways. Though on the way home the accident on the A39 meant discovering a superb watering hole at Catcott. That bitter shandy never tasted so good after a hot day.


No comments:

Post a Comment