365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 8 September 2019

Sunday 8th September 2019


After a busy day at Tyntesfield, which included a medical emergency too (we get quite a few of those) it was nice to come home and loaf about on the sofa in the conservatory, looking at my clock. My clock, the vase of barley from Wiltshire picked a few years ago now, plus the stone carving I did about 10 years ago. I bought this clock for £20 at a street market in Bridport, around three years ago. It was in a bit of a mess, languishing under the table of the stall with other junk. I had to have it. The chime part is missing but after a bit of fiddling - actually it was more luck as I had no idea what I was going - I got it going. And remarkably it keeps almost perfect time - if I lean the casement slightly to one side that is. When I bought the clock I hadn't realised the pendulum was made of brass, yet following a whole morning of polishing it now gleams like the sun as it swings to and fro. Definitely a Dorset bargains and I'll never part with it, instead I'll lie back on the sofa and listen to the tick tick tick as the pendulum swings. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment