365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 5 September 2019

Thursday 5th September 2019


Every weekday I trundle up this escalator on the way to pay for my car parking. £10 of the realms finest money, handed over in a contactless way somewhere inside the workings of a computer server, possibly in India. Payment is instant, I'm free to go on my way.

As I near the end of this yearly blog, increasingly I am drawn to the everyday things I do, in an attempt to record my 55th year in full.  Important events are often recorded. Hum-drum nonentities of daily life rarely are. How many people know what they had for breakfast last week? Unless that is you were on holiday, or splashed out on a Saturday fry-up. Can you remember where you were at 2pm last Wednesday and what you said? I guess possibly the former, not the latter. I wonder then why we as humans avoid recording the banality of life. Is it genetic? Maybe social conditioning? Or it's just 'boring' as every teenager says!

For the record, last Saturday my breakfast was toast and marmalade at 6am in Somerset, followed by croissants with apricot jam at friends in Herefordshire, I remember this as it was a special day out with Miranda and Graeme.  I've no idea what happened on Wednesday - seemed unimportant at the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment