365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 2 September 2019

Monday 2nd September 2019


Letters are great. I love writing letters, the thought process from brain to nib flows in such a fluid way and revisions show re-reading before sending. I like those revisions with words inserted between lines, or crammed along the margin. Yet few people write back; e-technology is fine, gets the point across and is a good communication process. Yet letters have a permanency that emails or texts can never realise. Even printing off an email doesn't provide any personification of handwriting and personality. It's just fact on paper. Type face may be clearer to read, but a spider like scrawl is much more intellectually consuming, as is turning the paper to continue the narrative.  Today though I did received a lovely hand written letter from my ex boss's wife, replying to my condolence letter after his passing in July. I shall treasure this, whilst being intellectually impressed by Vera's lovely handwriting. I love writing letters, and receiving them is such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment