365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Tuesday 10th September 2019



It's quite sad when my life revolves around the cost of Treasury Tags. However M'Lud, Exhibit 1 above. 25 x Treasury Tags, from the Post Office, for 99p. I bought two packs, £1.98. This was after popping into W.H.Smiths first to find their (Exhibit 2) 20 x Treasury Tags are £2.49 for 20 or if I took their offer 2 packs for £4, a veritable bargain.  I didn't take up their offer and a walk of less than a minute found that I both saved money and had 10 additional pieces to play with. The other issue was that both came in plastic boxes but the W.H.Smith box was a heavy weight polypropylene type box way too big  - recyclable of course but really?    It made me realise why poor old W.H.Smiths is struggling as a stationers. Once the go-to stationers, especially on railway platforms, it's presence on the High Street feels jaded through endless offers and discounts. It's just too expensive in these days of on-line (and the often cheaper Post Office) - I looked on Amazon - 100 Treasury Tags, £2.24 - admittedly P&P was not included, but buy £20 worth of goods, free postage. It's one of the reasons why the High Street is suffering, that and do we have time to keep shopping around. Luckily I did today.


No comments:

Post a Comment