365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 12 September 2019

Thursday 12th September 2019


I've walked up and down these stairs for 26 years. They connect the various floors of the 'New Phase' building at work. I like them. I like their simplicity. I like their turn. And I like it that at the bottom I can have a brainstorm, or could start a club. One day I'll no longer walk these stairs, as Mark Jacobs will do from tonight, as it is his last day at the BBC. I had meant to go to his leaving do, but for reasons far too tedious, decided against it. The last conversation I had with Marc was at the top of these stairs just moments before the image was taken, when he asked me if I drank beer or wine, followed by a short conversation about Bristol Micro-Breweries.  I'll probably never see Marc again, a strange final conversation then after 26 years of knowing someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment