365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 8 April 2014

April 8th 2014

 
And so the Viking returns to his roots. Today dawned fine and calm and so after a hotel breakfast at 7.45am I was to be found at the Scrabster ferry terminal waiting for the 08.45 to Stromness. By 10.15 after having my first close up sighting of Hoy from the boat, I was on the fair island of Orkney, heading out of Stromness and heading up the west coast. My first destination was the Bay of Skalls as I watched the waves pound in and the wind blast the beach. It all made for superb photographic opportunities. At Birsay I popped into the village shop and somehow became entangled in a conversation with 2 lovely women there, one of whom had a son running the burger van at the point. So with instructions to visit I popped to the point and there was the van in question - a good cup of tea Matt.



No comments:

Post a Comment