365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 25 April 2014

April 25th 2014


Masterchef finalists have nothing on the culinary excellence seen here before you! A day at home doing domestic chores and a bit of lounging about watching Dirk Bogarde being a hero in a WW2 film, after all I am on a R&R holiday. By 4pm however I realised I'd only had two minute slices of toast and marmalade at breakfast. I was wasting away. Searching through the empty cupboards that I have at home, I really do need to learn how to keep cupboards stocked, I came across the following. 3 fresh tomatoes, some pasta, some cheese, a tin of sweetcorn and a carton of chopped tomatoes in mixed herbs. That'll do I thought and in it all went without any preparation, thought or planning and into the oven. Half an hour later I gave it a bit of an oscillation and applied the fresh toms and grated cheese. Half an hour after that it emerged from the oven looking quite delicious. It was, although for reasons which fail me the pasta was just the wrong side on undercooked.  Supper from an empty kitchen in the heart of Somerset. Now that's a kind of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment