365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 28 April 2014

April 28th 2014

 
Her indoors (a phrase loathed so I'm using it as only an Aries man could do in the hope I may get away with it) is a keen horsewoman and yet although I've seen her galloping over field and dale many a time, until today I'd not seen her have a lesson in a ring. I was to be found then at the Pewsey Vale Riding Centre settling myself for a clip and a clop as I call it. Blue was today's horse of choice a dun coloured young chap with some adolescent spirit, or as Sharon the instructor said, "when you canter him he'll take off, he's not stupid just likes to have his head". But Julie is a match for such high spirited equine derring-doo and after a few circles and eights, some stern words to Blue, she did some cross leg stuff I didn't understand, or at least the horse did, some cantering, a bit of stopping, and generally 40 minutes of hard work out on a composite plastic arena - Julie's wrists were apparently going like trafficators on a Morris Minor, all corrected by Sharon the instructor. I really enjoyed watching Julie do her stuff from the relative safety of the gate, very impressive for a none horseman like myself, although Blue did give me a wary look every time he passed me. I love horses but not sure they like me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment