365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 5 April 2014

April 5th 2014

 
Taking photographs indoors with my Blackberry is always disappointing, however this is typical of my mum. After a morning rebuilding the Chesterfield chair I broke leaning on to draw the curtains, not my doing, the screw holding the castor on sheared off; then heading to a show home on what had been the Bank Top Garage, formerly Stan Quenet's (pronounced Quenny) garage to mooch around for a new home for my parents, we alighted in the Red Lion, West Boldon. It must be 30 years since I last darkened the threshold here and so it was nice to return and see how it had changed. In a word, completely. And for the better. A drink and a sandwich was all we wanted so here is my mum deciding in her own inimitable unable to make a decision way what to have. This involved 3 different menu's and a chat to the bar staff. The result chicken and stuffing. Father had beef and horseradish and I plumped for a BLT. Excellent sandwiches although they came with a smorgasbord of salad items and fat chips. Good job the afternoon was spent snoozing through the Grand National then.

No comments:

Post a Comment