365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 22 April 2014

April 22nd 2014

 
Well all I can say is I'm living life in the culinary fast lane today, Marshalls Macaroni Cheese in a bag, purchased a week ago in Tesco's, Thurso. Everywhere I went up in Caithness and Orkney Macaroni Cheese was on the menu, both as a savoury dish but also as a creative gem of a macaroni cheese pie. I tried a small one of these pastry creations from heaven and well to be honest, I'd prefer a nice salad sandwich. It wasn't unpleasant just very odd to taste, pasta and pastry in a single mouthful; interesting. Yet up north in Scotland Macaroni Cheese is a staple diet, I have never seen so many different packets and ways of making a pasta based savoury dish. It had to happen, I bought half a dozen of these bad boys for friends and myself. Tonight having finally reached my return home destination of Somerset, I decided to have a final Scottish meal to celebrate the road trip. And do you know what even though in preparation it looked fairly grim (see below) the finished product was very acceptable. It helps of course that it is one of my favourite pasta dishes anyway.

 
Mid way through the experiment, sorry cooking 


Voila - an acceptable supper dish - Bon appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment