365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 18 April 2014

April 18th 2014

 
My first full day back down south saw Julie and I head off to the annual Lambourn Open Day in surprisingly enough Lambourne in Berkshire. This is my first time here and it is an opportunity on a Good Friday to visit about 25 racing stables in the morning and then in the afternoon a country fair takes place with an equine theme. As a way to relax on a Good Friday it was excellent made all the more enjoyable with the bright sunshine all day. After 10 days in Scotland and northern England in windy conditions it was a pleasure to be back in calm warm conditions down south.  Best part of the day? Seeing the Household Cavalry perform some exquisite manoeuvres on horseback which even for a non rider such as myself it was an exceptional display of man and horse in harmony.
 
 
 An arty photo from me - Julie and I in the eye of the horse


No comments:

Post a Comment