365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 19 April 2014

April 19th 2014

 
Today was a rest day. After 10 days on the road today I craved a quieter day. Thus after an early start to Bedwyn for some bread at the village bakery and the papers we pottered about having a leisurely day, which also included going out for a coffee. Returning for a late lunch I sat down for a read of the Daily Telegraph. There on the first page of the Weekend section an article about Amanda Owen, better known as @Yorkshireshepherdess on Twitter. I follow Amanda's photographs on Twitter and they are absolutely stunning, but I knew little about her. Now she has a book out which I can imagine is worth a read, I shall grab a copy as and when I can. This is where social media plays tricks, just because on occasions Amanda and I chat via Twitter I feel I know her, so to see her in the Telegraph felt like a friend being interviewed, even though I have never met her. An interesting story nonetheless and living in a location called Ravenseat adds a certain romanticism to it. A hardy lot these Yorkshire shepherdess's.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment