365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 24 April 2014

April 24th 2014

I'm rarely home during the week, especially during the day, but today I had an unexpected image for my daily blog; a passing horse and carriage. I'm in the process of decorating the back bedroom, something which I began in February and with one thing and another has been delayed and delayed. So with some days at home this week yesterday the football motif wall frieze was removed and today it was preparing the walls, which involved both filling in of holes and sanding of previously filled holes which had never been sanded down before a previous painting. A lovely job on a spring day, the birds were singing, I had the windows open wide and a relaxing few hours were to be had, prior to the first coat of 'Daffodil White'.
 
 
 

And that was to be my subject for today, decorating. However at about 11am a horse and carriage passed by along the lane behind the garden. I get many horses coming along here as I'm on a lane which just a few yards away becomes unspoilt North Somerset Levels farmland all the way to the coast. I've not seen a carriage before. Two hours later I heard it return and so with paintbrush in one hand and as I happened to have the camera beside me a very hasty snap taken out of the bedroom window just in time. A handsome setup I think you'll agree, and a much more interesting posting than the excitement of discussion the merits of watching emulsion paint dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment