365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 29 April 2014

April 29th 2014

 
A day of April showers, longer spells of rain and a few drier moments. As oft happened on these wet days by the time the sun is setting the energy in the atmosphere is decreasing and the clouds begin to part. I watched the light intensifying as the evening advanced and thought this is a good opportunity to try and capture those images of oil seed rape fields I'd noticed around us this week as they are just perfect. So off we went. Julie drove allowing me to leap out of the car and grab the fleeting moments as they happened. To be honest I think I missed the best light by about 30 minutes as by the time I got to the locations I'd sourced earlier the sun was too low in the sky. Nonetheless the contrast between dark skies and the bright yellow of the fields remained. Time for a few quick images, I may return tomorrow if the same clouds and sun conditions prevail. Oh and the image above? I'm rarely a passenger so having a bit of fun taking photographs whilst on the move, quite like this one of speeding through Great Bedwyn main street, our local village, at 20mph.


No comments:

Post a Comment