365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 31 July 2014

July 31st 2014


I have an annoying habit of starting books, and either losing them, or becoming distracted not finishing them for weeks, sometimes months. Sea Room by Adam Nicolson was begun in April as I bought it during my extended holiday in Skye. The first half of the book was zipped through in a few days, a fascinating story of a group of island he owns off the coast of Skye, The Shiants. Then came the house move, the new life co-habiting with Julie and somehow the book became 'missing in action'.Today I found it, under the drivers seat of my car. How it got there remains a mystery even Miss Marple may fail to solve, yet it's return to the fold will allow more perusing and lost in thought moments in that uninhabited archipelago.  That is of course if I'm not distracted by our new feral, adoptee cat George who seems to making himself very much at home in the conservatory. I wonder where he goes the rest of the time?


No comments:

Post a Comment