365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 21 July 2014

July 21st 2014


There are many things I find interesting about having someone live with me after 20 years or more of solo dwellingness, and that's coming home to find things have either moved or arrived. Plates I leave in the sink, or my socks on the landing don't move much, but bric-a-brac and magazines do. Today the new arrival was  a smorgasbord of plants. Having a professional gardener in the midst does mean my garden is being overrun by pretty things. Chaps, real hairy shirted chaps with flat caps and dungarees have grass, a shrub and a bench to sit on, preferably one they have made out of old scaffolding poles. That is all we need. Insert a lady into this man cave and things become much more colourful, not to say fragrant. And so it was tonight returning to the love nest that another 9 pots had arrived to "fill in those little gaps". This, on top of the 8 plants bought on Saturday, and the 170 'scarlet' geranium plug plants I bought back in January, which this week have finally decided to flower (to be fair I did neglect them a bit). And so it is, a garden to sit in and be accosted by a visual delight conjoined with a heady aromatic hue. Its not bad having a lady staying with me (I still wish to know why fluffy bears are needed on the bed though - good job I have my Massey Ferguson 1:18th scale tractor on the windowsill then).


No comments:

Post a Comment