365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 28 July 2014

July 28th 2014

Today is my 301st posting on this year long blog.................

 
When I began this on October 1st 2013 I had a plan to write something each day and include an image. Plans, desires and dreams are one thing. Putting this into action, and keeping something going through the year is another. And so it came as a great surprise to me I'd passed the 300 posts mark. Of course it shouldn't come as a surprise but looking back, that is 300 days of my life catalogued. I will never return to those days, those dates, or those events, and so as a record this is becoming priceless for me. I've started looking back through the posts and already some have become distant and blurred; events which at the time seemed fascinating, now almost forgotten. So only 60 or so more postings to go. Shall I carry on I wonder. Or stop at the 365th posting. Time will tell.
 
And so what does 301 mean? Well according to that doyen of inaccuracy, Wikipedia, 301 is.........


301 = 7 × 43. 301 is the sum of three consecutive primes (97 + 101 + 103), and a happy number in base 10 (whatever that is)

So I looked Happy Numbers up

[A happy number is a number defined by the following process: Starting with any positive integer, replace the number by the sum of the squares of its digits, and repeat the process until the number equals 1 (where it will stay), or it loops endlessly in a cycle which does not include 1. Those numbers for which this process ends in 1 are happy numbers, while those that do not end in 1 are unhappy numbers (or sad numbers)]

Nope I'm still non the wiser, but glad it's a happy number.

301 is also a HTTP status code, indicating the content has been moved and the change is permanent (permanent redirect). It is also the number at which YouTube views most frequently freeze temporarily while validation is carried out.

Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment