365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 11 July 2014

July 11th 2014


2014 will be the summer of the hydrangea. Presumably because of the mild winter and long dry summer hydrangeas have been absolutely stunning this year. These two were in a garden next to where I parked the car this morning, the photograph doesn't do them justice, but they were stunning. As I travel about, these native plants of South East Asia and China, have just been stunning. One down the road from me is about 6 foot high and across and for a fortnight has been in pristine condition. I've long loved hydrangeas and have inherited a blue form from one of Julie's clients, it is the most luxuriant form of cobalt blue I've ever seen. Each day I look at this small plant in a plant pot and think "yes this is why gardening is joy, the endless pleasure plants can give". Relaxing too. I hope the summer remains warm and sunny, we'll have a few more months of hydrangea blossom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment