365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 1 July 2014

July 1st 2014

 
It is July the 1st today. I can not believe it is now 9 months since I began this blog recording my 50th year, but now I'm entering the final quarter. I'm so pleased I decided to do this on that sleepless night in October. If I'd slept well I'd not have had the grem of an idea come to me. I've begun looking back now at the entries and I'm amazed how many I remember but only due to the image and the words, human memory is fickle.
 
So why the sign at The Brew coffee house next door to the BBC? Well as I walked past this morning the sign amused me, all the more so as I knew that later in the day Julie would be meeting someone there. She had replied to a student who wished to know what it was like for individuals to meet a counsellor away from a formal counselling session for her PhD. As it turned out Julie was the only person to respond to her advert and after meeting in The Brew, being noisy, adjourned to Browns down the road where Julie's conversation was recorded on tape by the lady. Upon finishing Julie text'd me and I met her back at Brew for an early luncheon. So it pays to advertise if you have a coffee shop, as they received a sizeable trade today from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment