365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 26 July 2014

July 26th 2014

 
Outside the temperature was epic, nudging 30 degrees. Inside this under-stairs cupboard it was possibly double that. Possibly inherited insanity made me want to empty, put up 2 shelves and repaint the aforementioned cupboard in such summer conditions. But I persevered and by the end of a waterfall drenched afternoon had finished. This house combining malarkey is a wonderful way to look at ones belongings and wonder - why have I kept this, or that. Items that at some point must have been important were relegated into boxes years ago and now at a later point in my life many I can't remember why I kept them .
 
 
One thing however I did find and will not part with is my leaving card from South Tyneside Libraries. I worked there from 1985 to 1990 and on September 14th that year left for a university course. Seeing this card brought back such happy memories and best of all some of the people on there I'm now back in touch with, 24 year later. Seminal moments, yet nearly a quarter of a century ago. How did that happen? So here's to the next 24 years..... its time to look forward.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment