365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 14 July 2014

July 14th 2014


Finalised the scripts today. Well to be honest I received the final scripts from the wonderful Brett Westwood on Friday and after a weekend deliberating and adjusting, the final scripts for the recording with Sir David Attenborough were formalised. I'll be heading to London on Friday to record these 30 short scripts with Sir David. It's a great feeling to know that after 10 weeks planning and slogging, we're at a stage whereby 'World' Tweet of the Day is ready to be recorded. I've enjoyed it so far. I'm learning a lot of new facts about world birds which is good, I'm honing scripting skills and above all having fun. A great team are behind the project, my friend Rob, as research and fact checking, Jamie and Tom in the office sourcing images and completing the dreaded paperwork, the aforementioned Brett as script writer, Sarah Blunt in the BBC as script editor and not forgetting my exceptional boss Julian who oversees the whole process editorially with the lightest of touches that make the project happen. Sometimes working for a big organisation can grind one down, but at times, like today, it's an uplifting place to make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment