365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 8 July 2014

July 8th 2014


My overnight accommodation, as I'm on the road again. After a day in the office I drove up to Chester for an overnight stay prior to going to Chester Zoo tomorrow. I've never been to Chester before, it seems nice from what little I saw driving through, and the Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa just outside of the city is jolly nice too. I stay in a lot of hotels with my work and most it has to be said are good. This one is in the top 10% of those I've stayed in and as boutique chic upmarket it was a lovely place. But soulless. Having been dragged around hotels since a baby I enjoy luxury hotels, especially in winter, but they're all the same. Efficient, staff polite and friendly but no sense of being somewhere different. As I get older I now prefer small family run hotels or guest houses, places where local people make time to chat. It's a passage of time thing, style over substance no longer appeals as it once did as a young man. That said a pleasant place to stay for the night and enjoy my picnic supper from Morrison's in the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment