365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 16 July 2014

July 16th 2014

 
Suddenly, the nights seem to be drawing in. It happens every year of course but really from mid May until now it seems to be light all the time. Even at night there is a bluish tinge to the sky. I noticed however this evening that at 9.30pm when I took this image it felt like dusk. As mentioned yesterday we've been in the garden most evenings and last week at 9.30pm the sun was still shining, albeit low in the sky. I looked at my watch, yep it was 9.30 and I felt as though I needed lights on outdoors. I love the long days of summer, not however the hot weather which saps all energy. I love the long winter nights too, but feeling the transition begin is sad and to be honest for the first time this summer it began to feel chill-some as the light faded. We have another month to go of nice weather but by the end of August it's dark by 8pm. I will make the most of it at the moment while it lasts. And, in a half light the scented plants in pots take on another visual dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment