365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 4 June 2014

June 4th 2014


I stumbled into a meeting today that was both inspirational and informative; that's something you don't often hear! To be more accurate I was invited to the BBC's Rural Affairs Committee meeting, held this morning. Being a bit green around the ears I had no idea what to expect, thus thinking this was a routine production meeting I shambled into conference room A, slightly late and bedecked in my classic media tattered rags. Ahead of me an island table, 20 or so name places of which the first one I read was Lord Peter Melchett, ex head of Greenpeace and now policy adviser to the Soil Association. Gulp, what have I been invited to? Well I need not have worried, everyone was uber friendly and the morning was spent listening to the great and the good from the world of rural affairs, letting us BBC chaps know what was happening and giving steerage as to where the top stories may be coming from in the coming months. As the only person there from the NHU Radio team it was fascinating to see and hear so many great speakers offering insight. 3 hours passed in a flash, however the day will remain with me for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment