365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 17 June 2014

June 17th 2014


And so it begins. My first day ever as a cohabiting cohabitee, if that is the word. It has only taken me 50 years and 2 months to finally settle down and grow up. Well maybe settle down. But is this how its to be?

I was exhausted today after the weekend of packing and moving so taking it easy. Relaxing at work then with a copy of the BBC Wildlife Magazine (other time wasting magazines are available) I received a text from the loved one "I haven't been able to do any shopping yet, could you bring in some salad items and milk". In an attempt to avoid supermarkets as much as possible I shop at Brockley Stores on the A370 near Nailsea. It used to be just a farm shop but over the years has become much more, lovely bread, cakes, pastries, all made in-house, glorious cheeses and a nice selection of wines and beers. Today however as I arrived it looked a bit empty, had something happened? Turned out the lack of vegetable display was  because its so hot at the moment (24oC on car thermometer) they were keeping most of the fruit and veg in cold storage.  One just had to ask and they would fetch. A cardboard box loaded, to home I quickly ventured.

So why had Julie been too busy to go for food - well maybe because she'd received this bunch of flowers from my parents as a house warming / house arriving present. Even I was impressed by the bouquet - well done Worle Florists.

No comments:

Post a Comment