365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 27 June 2014

June 27th 2014


Simply stunning. I know I took these photographs but the sunset over Sand Bay in Somerset tonight was simply stunning. It had been a long hard fought day at the BBC coal face and so when Julie suggested a plodge down at the beach I pulled a face only a camel eating a lemon could do. It was a stunning sky though so relenting off we went to the bay and for once the sea was almost at high tide. I think the rest is history. We didn't actually walk that far in the end as apart from a couple with a dog, the place was empty. Where was everyone else, they were missing this aerial spectacle. We walked about a mile, very slowly as I took photograph after photograph of the gathering beauty. Then even though dusk began to envelop us like a veil, we sat on a log in now splendid isolation as the last light fell over the mountains of Wales. Perfect, just perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment