365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 28 June 2014

June 28th 2014


Boys and their toys day today. This is the first weekend since Julie moved over here that we can just "and relax". So as the weather was still sunny and dry (when will we get any rain) a good opportunity to get the garden sorted out. In the winter I began ripping up the decking in the garden. It takes longer than you think, and so unable to get rid of the mountain of timber it has sat lonesome waiting for further orders. From Command HQ then, an order to unleash the circular saw. I didn't really need to do this, but the lengths of scrap decking were too long to get into the car, so needed to be shortened. What a beast. Ripping through the wood like a hot knife in butter within half an hour, and enveloped in a blizzard of sawdust I had it all done and piled neatly for my now daily trip to the tip tomorrow. So by the time Rob, a friend of mine, hoved into view for a cuppa and a slice of lemon cake I looked smug and posed next to the beast for a celebratory photograph. The only down side to the day was I possibly didn't have enough man tools to accompany this afternoon of mayhem, I think I need a tool belt, hard hat, possibly a power washer to clean up afterwards and maybe a mini digger to carry the wood to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment