365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 11 June 2014

June 11th 2014



I love going to the tip, always have. There is something most liberating about loading the car up with a whole load of not wanted items and then hurling them into the relevant containers. Of course letting go of my rubbish is not the solution Globally, I'm just transferring the problem elsewhere but I can only do my bit. So this morning on the way into work I alighted at Backwell Recycling and Waste Management Facility, the tip in other words. A vacuum, printer and angle grinder went into the electrical bin, some mixed wood in this bin, metal in another and the rest hurled with passion into the "Non Recyclable" bin. It was only 08.05am when I'd finished, just 5 minutes after the place opened to the public. It was empty other than a handful of orange clad chaps brushing the place clean. Even somewhere as municipal as the Council Tip looks beautiful in the June sunshine first thing in the morning. I'll be back before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment