365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 7 March 2014

March 7th 2014

Today I met more of my distant, both in distance and increasingly in the gene pool Canadian family. Robin is the son of my mothers cousin, which we think makes he and I second cousins once removed. His grandmother Dagmar was sister to my Grandfather Harald. Anyway we share a Norwegian Great Grandfather, Klaus Johansenburg which seems a long time ago but in reality he died about 1950's so in the past but not that long really.

 
From first meeting we got on famously so after suggestions of what to do for food, Lauren their daughter, who is working in Essex, was very keen on the suggestion of going to Pizza Express in Marlborough. A great night which allowed us to do all the catch up, as I met Robin very briefly 33 years ago but to be honest I have no memory of that.

 
Anyway Frances his wife is lovely and agreed to pose with some village idiot moments before he demolished a calzone pizza. Set me up nicely for a full day tomorrow doing the Wiltshire ancient landscape tours. I love meeting my Canadian family they're all wonderful and so full of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment