365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 5 March 2014

March 5th 2014

 
There used to be a Texaco garage here until 2013, then blue boards went around the site and in a week it was gone. I've been meaning to write about this since November when I first took a photograph of it. I walk past this site every day, walking in front of the late Georgian terrace to the left and crossing the zebra crossing over Whiteladies Road in Clifton. But other ideas came along and it was swept to one side, possibly as once the garage had been demolished not much had happened inside the boards over winter.
 
This week however a big orange digger appeared accompanied by much banging. The plan is that the site will be developed, the gable end of the terrace will be extended in the same architectural style creating 14 flats I believe, with a shop on the front facing Whiteladies Road presumably housing a mini-supermarket, Costa coffee shop or something. I'm glad they're developing it sympathetically as it always seemed sad to see the gable end just forlornly looking out on life as though it had run out of energy to finish itself. Tonight as I beetled back home past this I spied through the only 1cm gap in the boards - not really being able to see much I pushed my mobile phone lens into the gap, I took this quick image. Orange men and an orange digger thing. How exciting, especially as my mobile is from EE, which was formerly Orange with the slogan "The future's bright, the future's Orange". Well it certainly is at this site in Bristol at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment