365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 26 March 2014

March 26th 2014


After a chaotic and busy day it is always good to relax with friends. I don't have this many friends, rather this grainy picture of the BBC Bristol Bar was taking while chatting to the old guard here. By old guard I mean anyone aged over 40. The media is a young persons game and tonight was yet another farewell event for a colleague 'early' retiring at 54, although bizarrely this was the official leaving event for Alan Baker my first manager and Film Librarian. In February I attended his last official in the office day with his team. Tonight was for the whole Bristol site to wish him Bon Voyage. As 6 of the old guard stood pontificating the old days I looked across this sea of humanity and knew 3 people. Tempest fugit dear boy, Tempest fugit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment