365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 25 March 2014

March 25th 2014


Tweet of the Day was a light bulb moment about 18 months ago. In a radio development meeting someone, and for the life of me I can not recall who, suggested a play of the words for the micro blogging site Twitter and bird call Tweets. Could we Tweet a Tweet each day. The idea then was to only put something out as a Tweet on Twitter, but after submission and discussion with Radio 4 commissioners on May 6th 2013 the first ever Tweet of the Day hit the Radio4 schedules at 05.58 precisely. The first ever was of the male cuckoo, that harbinger of spring and cascade of letters to the Times from a Mr Trellis of Sutton Benger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s6y1h

Today almost a year later I saw the first pre-production copy of the accompanying book written by colleague Brett Westwood and ex colleague Stephen Moss. It is an excellent book which I've watch develop from embryonic copy in the autumn and will be available to the public on April 10th. I even find my name in the back acknowledgements something I am now getting used to as an infrequent contributor to wildlife tomes. Maybe then in Tweet terms, I am forever the best man and never the groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment