365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 27 March 2014

March 27th 2014



 
At my age it's downhill to the pipe and slippers apparently! While in the office today I was surprised by an early (5 days early) Birthday gift from colleagues. As a whisky drinker this bottle of English Whisky was a wonderful idea. Norfolk is known as the whisky capitol of the Western World, maybe not. However this is the only English distilled whisky on the market. Up in Northumberland there is another whisky called the Black Rory based on the illicit stills along the upper Coquet Valley, however this is distilled by Glenmorangie for the English Market.  I shall look forward to tippling Norfolks' finest. And then there's the present of the pipe - I mentioned ages ago I'd once smoked a pipe, the sort of thing one tried as a 14 year old. Today I now own a pipe. Wonderful, especially as the 'baccy' supplied with it is a whisky flavoured brand with a wonderful aroma. Hopefully I shall receive new slippers on April 1st and all will be set for a photograph to end all photographs.
 
Ohh and I forgot, it's Julie's birthday today - many happy returns pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment