365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 18 March 2014

March 18th 2014


Tonight I met up with a friend of mine Sheena for a catch up over a meal and roaring fire. However this photograph was taken a few hours earlier as I drove from work to her part of Gloucestershire. Avoiding the Bristol rush hour traffic and having some spare time I drove the long way round over The Downs, an area which was never developed as Clifton expanded in the 1850's. Formerly this area was pasture land, used for grazing animals for Bristol, but it is now a large recreational area compriding of Clifton down and Durdham Down. So being a pleasant evening I stopped at the sea wall as it is known and took this photograph, which has to be the most superb view of the Avon Gorge and the Clifton Suspension Bridge. Not for the feint hearted though. If you suffer from vertigo I'd recommend standing well back. Hard by was an ice cream van of which my steely resolve prevented me from frequenting as I had a lasagna and garlic bread waiting in the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment