365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 4 June 2024

Tuesday 4th June 2024.

 

 It is a little surreal to have a graveyard next to a medical centre I feel.  This is Worle graveyard complete with red valerian and on a gravestone to the right a carrion crow stropping it's beak against the stone. I'd just arrived as I had an appointment to see the doctor at Worle medical centre, about a  symptom that was worrying me. Well more than worried, I was very anxious, not least as they'd rung me an hour after I'd submitted a request for advice. I was asked to come down for 11am. 

I was actually seen by two medical students from Bristol University on their final day at the centre. They've both passed and now as fully fledged doctors both will be heading to London hospitals soon. So I was one of their last patients. The male doctor did most of the talking and he was excellent, they both were. The outcome is I've not what worried me, though I do potentially have a chronic condition, but it won't be confirmed for 6 weeks. It's a relief but also a concern as all chronic conditions are. What was lovely was as I came out the consultation room Julie was sitting in reception waiting for me. She'd abandoned work and driven over to be with me. Much relieved by my consultation, as we walked back to the car I noticed the carrion crow had now departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment