365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 8 June 2024

Saturday 8th June 2024


 I often wonder what goes on in my mind. Today Julie went to Taunton and after dropping her off at the station, I drove to Wells. I've not been feeling too clever this week so visiting Wells brought some well needed relaxation and pleasure. First stop the Swan hotel for a hot chocolate. Then after a mooch about the market (pleasantly revamped) I went to the Bishops Palace for a wander about, £17.50 and can visit all year. It was while at the market I spied these two books on stagecoach travel.  On the left how the post was delivered between 1680 and 1840, using the Kent service as a benchmark for the whole UK. On the right a summary of Scottish Stagecoach activity which remarkably only ended in 1915. I'm interested in stage travel so will enjoy these, but to refer back to my opening gambit, what goes on in my mind, do I really need two more books? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment