365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 16 June 2024

Sunday 16th June 2024

These are not my photographs, I stumbled across an old blog post written about ten years ago and it brought back such good memories for me. Until I found this I had a strong memory of going to a Rock and Roll show at the Sunderland Empire as a child. I went with my mum and she remembered me dancing with the Teddy Boys in the aisle, I'd have said I was eight, nine maybe, but it turns out I was ten. June 7th 1974. Hard to believe this is now fifty years ago. I can remember the show well, but the only act I can remember was Heinz, who coincidentally was in a Talking Pictures film on television today too. Apparently Billy Fury was the star performer in this (according to the blog) and this event was a provincial tour of what had been a very successful London show. It's funny what crops up on the internet these days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment