365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 15 June 2024

Saturday 15th June 2024


This has been in the diary for a while. Julie had booked herself on long walk at a place called Aisholt in the Quantocks. To get there registration took place in St Mary's church hall, the walkers then being taken to the start of the walk by mini bus. We'd got there in good time, meaning I had a long chat with the driver. Eventually Julie was off and away leaving me with four hours or more to relax. Which I did at Holford. Firstly a breakfast at the Combe House Hotel, followed by a mooch about St Mary's church which I'd passed many times but never entered. It is so peaceful, I loved it here more than I can convey on here. Enhanced by a ticking pendulum clock on the wall, very similar to one I have at home. I spent a lot of time sitting on a bench dedicated to two women called Lacon. I very much enjoy days like this, no structure but afterwards the rewards are immense.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment