365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Wednesday January 9th 2019


At last the sun has shone. This dull and depressing weather is really starting to weigh heavily on people. It's nearly a month now since this quiet spell of weather arrived. I was lucky as being in the North East over Christmas we had day after day of sunshine. My friends and colleagues however in the South West have been shrouded in dark cloud since well before Christmas. No real rain, no real wind, just dull, still dark days. At least it's warm. Thus today with a spring in my step, I crossed the threshold into the January sun. Spirits were lifted, thus as I passed the Royal West of England Academy, I popped in for a hearty soup - roasted walnut and sweet potato, with a chunk of Hobbs bread. Gazing out of the window while siphoning up the delicious liquid, all seemed right with the world, as I feasted mine eyes on the chaser cold drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment