365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Wednesday January 16th 2019


In a sort of repeat of Tuesdays posting, these rings made by raindrops falling from a tree caught my eye. I've begun a regime of moving my car out of the multi-story carpark at lunchtime, thereby saving £5 a day in charges. However this also means a walk back to the office. Today it was raining. Nothing remarkable in that except its not really rained for weeks. Grey miserable weather yes, but not rain. It was nice to don my kagool and push on into the rain; walking in bad weather is always invigorating. As long as there's no danger. Heading off up the mountain in a blizzard, is just weird at best, suicidal at worst. Walking the 25 minutes back to the office in rain at 1pm just found me luxuriating in the elements. I'd mused on another reflecting image while on the Suspension Bridge, but couldn't quite capture what I wanted. To capture the reflection of Brunel's masterpiece in the wet surface. Then at a near halfway point I spied this puddle. Perfect, trees in its reflection but raindrops braking the mirror with regularity. I'm sure people passing by were wondering what I was upto, but this is the sort of thing which excites me. Everyday, mundane but in a different light or mood. More rain please.

No comments:

Post a Comment