365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 21 January 2019

Monday January 21st 2019


Continuing my theme of reflections as well as continuing my trying to get healthy plan, this lunchtime I spied some lovely bark on this plane tree whilst walking my 1.5 miles back to the office.  Now I'm not sure why, but I wander up and down here most days having deposited the automobile somewhere remore and windswept. Yet today this tree, or at least the trunk of it caught my eye in Clifton Village. I was mesmerised today by this absolutely normal phenomenon. The plane, or London Plane tree as many call it is a real urban survivor. By shedding it's bark in patches, it's believed it sheds itself of accumulated pollutants and therefore the fresh bark allows oxygen to pass through in an altogether unhindered way. That said, I just loved the patterns and stood for a while reflecting on the brilliance of nature and the natural world. And it's beauty.  Us fragile spongy humans find it impossible to protect ourselves against airborne particulates unless we put on a funny mask and goggles. But a 'lowly' plant has the ability not only to repel pollutants but to adapt and survive. Nature never stops amazing me. Nearly made me late back in the office I stood there for so long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment