365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 11 January 2019

Friday January 11th 2019


This tree, although I don't know what species it is, is amazing. It languishes at the back of the Congresbury shops carpark. In summer it is a pleasant enough tree but in winter, the skeletal structure contrasting against the sky makes this one of those almost perfect tree specimens A shame then it does not languish in a field from which we could view it from afar. It's like a dome, or an Afro-hairstyle. Almost symmetrical. Walk around it it is symmetrical in all directions, as if some child has drawn the perfect tree for a prefect house in their perfect picture. I'd been to Tyntesfield today having a day off and so in-between my shift and visiting the house for a tour, for once I had time to stop and stare on the way home. We should all stop and stare at times at the everyday. For what is life without the jewels of joy nestling in amongst the everyday tedium. At Tyntesfield first thing a song thrush welcomed me as I arrived. I listened for a while to its repeating vocalisation cutting through the atmosphere like a honey balm in milk. Later by the house a robin redbreast perched on a tightly cut holly dome. Red and evergreen, should never be seen, but together if spotted, stare a while, besotted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment