365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 24 January 2019

Thursday January 24th 2019

 
Not the greatest image, but I wanted to note this talk by my mate Mike Leigh-Mallory. Mike is a great guy, a passionate naturalist who has struggled to get recognised in the conservation world. We first met as he wanted to present programmes and had some great ideas. Sadly nothing came to pass. So he gave up his job and now has time to do projects others only dream of. Last year he set up the Taunton Peregrine Project. Simply this involved erecting cameras and nest boxes on the top of Mary Magdalene church in Taunton. In reality this was not a simple task and it nearly failed, but funding and a lot of effort from local sources saw it happen. Best of all in 2018, a chick fledged from the tower, with a blue leg ring TT. Despite not feeling that great still, I wanted to support Mike with this his first public talk at Ruishton just outside of Taunton. I am glad I went but wasn't really on the best of form sadly. Kept my coughing to a minimum though! A good guy Mike.,

No comments:

Post a Comment