365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 18 January 2019

Friday January 18th 2019


The pastime of knitting. I bought Julie some wool for Christmas. I know, it was an extravagant gesture. But apparently this is good quality wool containing silk and, err well, wool. It's multicoloured wool on a single thread, thus boasts a kaleidoscope of what I think I could describe as autumnal colours, ranging from a deep blackberry, through to a golden orange.  Julie is a new convert to knitting and enjoys it, with most evenings seeing us on the sofa together and the feint clickety-click of needle against needle, while I sit there being annoying and taking photographs of her. Which is because I like the subject of a silhouette of an activity beneath one of her fabulous pastel drawings, of a Bedlington terrier. It could be Laser my late and much loved Bedlington who died a long time ago now, it's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment