365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Tuesday January 8th 2019


5pm in Bristol today. How happy has this scene made me. Almost light at home time. The wheel of the year is slowly grinding itself in the right direction for me, towards the light. I don't mind scrabbling about in the mid winter dark, but love it when each day it feels like change is a-coming. Tonight's image took me by surprise as we have had days and days of grim, dark overcast days. More miserable than a miser spending money. Mid afternoon however the sky rent itself open and the sun came out. By the time I found myself hobling over to the Club for a cuppa, this vision of pale blue loveliness made my walk back to the office, just a little lighter, maybe even with a skip or two. Next milestone, this light at 6pm. Normally mid February. By then the natural world will be waking well.

No comments:

Post a Comment